An Tir Chirurgeon's Guild Message Board Forum Index An Tir Chirurgeon's Guild Message Board
The online community of the An Tir Chirurgeonate.

FAQFAQ       RegisterRegister  
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages     Log inLog in  

UPDATE to Well, now. ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An Tir Chirurgeon's Guild Message Board Forum Index -> Announcements from the Kingdom Chirurgeon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mir
Kingdom Chirurgeon
Kingdom Chirurgeon

SCA Branch: Shire of Wyewood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 18:21    Post subject: UPDATE to Well, now. ... Reply with quote

I started the post with the title and content below...

Since then, despite the former SC posting the same thing - the EK Gazette has printed a retraction after the BoD Chairman stated late this afternoon that this was NOT correct. I have not seen a statement from the SCA President herself. No explanation has been given...we just can't know where in the chain of communication the breakdown happened. I'd suggest it doesn't matter very much right now.

We go on, as I said in the first version. We should all be checking Good Sam and thinking about what we might do - but this retraction means a couple of other options might be selected.

I am glad people are thinking. I hope we all continue to. Honest, I'd go straight to the BoD for info, if it CAME straight from them. They're kinda adverse to time sensitive info, being that they're adverse to risk.

fwiw,
Mir
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, now. Read the name of our website, and know we go on.

That said, please please please verify your own liability and what Good Sam does and does NOT do for you if you have a LICENSE. The rest of us are generally genuinely fine.

There's a resource page with Good Sam laws of various jurisdictions to the left.

Here's the quote; note: none of this seems to take effect until corpora changes...but I'm waiting to get that verified re: when we might lose the insurance.

"Highlights of Officer Reports

President Chirurgeon activities have been evaluated by a committee, and there was good participation from chirurgeons from across the Known World. The insurance will not cover Chirurgeonate activities. Chirurgeon will be removed as a warranted office. First aid activities are still encouraged. The Board directed the President to recommend Corpora language to accomplish this change. The badge and regalia will continue to serve as it has."

More breathing. Remember which page goes in the front of your handbook. It's in the policies right above this topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An Tir Chirurgeon's Guild Message Board Forum Index -> Announcements from the Kingdom Chirurgeon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: