In order to become a fully warranted Chirurgeon, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must serve an observation period as a Chirurgeon-in-training for evaluation of attitude, demeanor and training in SCA-specific knowledge such as the rules for armored combat and the contents of the Chirurgeon's Handbook.
- You must be as old or older than the legal age of majority in the state, province, territory, and/or country where you live.
- You must possess a current first-aid certification or acceptable alternative.
- You must possess a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- You must be a member of the SCA. The type of membership must provide immediate access to your Kingdom newsletter.
- You must provide the following to your Kingdom Chirurgeon:
- Proof of age of majority (a copy of your driver's license should suffice)
- A copy of your first-aid or medical credentials
- A copy of your CPR certification
- Proof of SCA membership (a blue membership card is sufficient; a mailing label or a non-blue membership card is sufficient only if accompanied by properly-executed waiver).
If you are interested in becoming a Chirurgeon, please contact the current Kingdom Chirurgeon, listed in the Roster section of this web site.